Canon RAW CR2 CODEC for 64-bit and 32-bit Windows
View metadata, previews, and thumbnails of Canon RAW files
Download the free 15-day trial of the CR2 CODEC today and use Windows to...
- Preview Canon RAW format (CR2) images in Windows Explorer, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows 8 Media Center, and Windows 7 Media Center
- View thumbnails of CR2 files
- Search and view metadata
The CR2 codec supports the latest camera bodies and models from Canon, including the EOS 6D, EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 70D, EOS Rebel T5i, EOS Rebel T5, G16, PowerShot G1 X, and PowerShot S120.
- Any previous version of the codec should be uninstalled before installing the new codec
- If using the embedded JPEG preview the width and height displayed will be that of the embedded preview image
- Even if we can't decode the RAW data for your camera model, we will use the embedded JPEG preview. This should allow the codec to be useful for the latest models immediately without waiting for an update from us.
- The 32 bit MSI and 64 bit MSI files that are included in the installer are available for administrators who need more installations options than are available in the default installer. On 64 bit platforms you should install both 32 bit and 64 bit codecs if you need to support 32 bit applications that use WIC. The Setup application above does installs both.
RegistrationIf you purchased a license, then the registration information can be entered in the Preferences application in the CR2 Codec by Ardfry Imaging program group.
Build HistoryStay up to date on the lastest versions of our software by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Version 220.127.116.11 February 26, 2014
- Fixes issues with generating large previews in the Windows Explorer Preview Pane on high resolution monitors.
- Version 18.104.22.168 May 1 2012
- RAW Processing update for the PowerShot S100
- Version 22.214.171.124 June 30 2011
- Improved error handling of corrupt JPEG preview images
- Display version in Preferences, Control Panel
- Version 126.96.36.199, February 23, 2010
- Add support for EOS 1Ds .tif files
- Version 188.8.131.52, December 15, 2009
- RAW processing update for EOS 7D, Powershot G11, and EOS 5D
- Version 184.108.40.206, October 3, 2009
- Support legacy thumbnail apis on Vista and later for applications like Total Commander
- Fix: Issue with generating thumbnails on Windows 7
- Fix: Issue with searches CR2 files in Pictures with Windows Desktop Search
- Version 220.127.116.11, September 5, 2009
- Fix: issue with generating thumbnails when file is viewed for the first time from a 32 bit app on 64 bit system
- Fix: crash caused by some TIFF files
- Version 18.104.22.168, April 16, 2009
- Fix: issue with generating thumbnails for CR2 files from the G10
- Version 22.214.171.124, April 7, 2009
- Fix: crash on Core i7 processor
- Version 126.96.36.199, March 16, 2009
- Fix: Memory leak
- Improved support for XAML apps like iTag
- Version 1.0, Build Date Feb 16, 2009
- 10x to 100x faster initial load of thumbnails in Windows Explorer on Vista
- Rendering of RAW data for select models, JPEG preview for all others
- Beta 2, Aug 27, 2008
- Support 32 bit applications on 64 bit Windows
- Improved support for XP Pro 64
- Simplified installer
- Beta 1, May 19, 2008
- Fix memory leak in shutdown code and address compatibility issue with Ardfry NEF codec
- Beta 0, April 2008
- Initial Release